Call for Proposals Is Closed
Planning is well underway for the 13th Annual Deshpande Symposium set to take place June 12-14, 2024 in College, MD at the University of Maryland! The theme this year is New Horizons: Navigating the Challenges and Opportunities of Regional Ecosystem Building. Through inspiring keynote speakers, practical breakout sessions, and welcoming networking activities, we will:
- Learn how to plug into new opportunities for regional ecosystem development in a way that matches your unique ecosystem.
- Adapt and redefine your ecosystem with an ever evolving globally connected community.
- Gain support in navigating disruptions and defining paths forward with the next technological revolution.
- Help shape the future of innovation and entrepreneurship (I&E) ecosystems to thrive in an integrated future.
Your stories, best practices, and research matter – and they need to be shared. Help make our collective community stronger by submitting a session proposal today!
- We accept proposals via the web portal only. You will need to have or create a VentureWell account in order to submit. Create an account or sign in here.
- These 75-minute sessions are structured around multiple presenters that bring together 3 to 4 different voices who represent diverse institutions, universities, and organizations. Acceptable formats include workshops, panels, and presentations that explore common themes. All submissions should clearly identify which of the four conference tracks they align with:
- Entrepreneurship in the Curriculum
- University Research Commercialization and Startups
- Developing Entrepreneurial Universities, Culture, and Ecosystems
- Emerging Trends in Higher Education I&E
- Strong preference will be given to full panel proposals that include an identified moderator and speakers from multiple institutions discussing their experience on the chosen topic. For individual presentation proposals, we will do our best to match you to the most appropriate panel based on your area of interest and panel availability.